This document takes Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system as an example to introduce the addition and installation of IIS roles on Windows cloud servers.
- Log in to the Windows cloud server.
- In the operating system interface, click [Dashboard] to open the server manager. As shown below: Using the Server Manager, select 2 [Add roles and features] and the "Add Role and Function Wizard" window will pop up.
- In the "Add Roles and Features Wizard" window, click [Next].
- In the "Select Installation Type" interface, select [Role-based or Feature-based Installation].
- Select the server you are configuring, and then click [Next].
- In the "Server Roles" interface, check [Web Server (IIS)].
- The prompt box of "Adding the functions required by the Web server (IIS)" pops up.
- In the pop-up "Add Functions Required for Web Server (IIS)" prompt box, click [Add Function], then [Next].
- In the "Features" interface, check [.NET Framework 3.5 Features], and click [Next] twice.
- In the "Web Sever Role (IIS) - Role Services" interface, as shown below, check [CGI] and click [Next].
- Confirm the installation information, click [Install], and wait for the installation to complete.
- After the installation is complete, visit in the browser of the cloud server to
http://localhost/verify whether the IIS installation is successful.
- If the following interface appears, it means the installation is successful.