The method of using ECS to build a website is shown in the table below. Please choose the way to build a website that suits you according to your actual business needs.
|How to build a website||Advantage||Applicable people and scenes|
|Self-help station||Server purchase, website construction, and website maintenance are all autonomous and flexible.||It is suitable for individuals or small business users who are new to cloud computing or who do not know much about cloud servers and website building, and want to design their own websites.For the latest activities, please follow the ECS product details page .|
|Template building||Ready to use, provide thousands of website templates, visualized background management, easy and convenient.||Suitable for individuals or small business users who have certain software application capabilities, template construction supports Web sites, mobile sites, interactive forms, and multiple scenarios for member payment.|
|Customized website||The website design and construction are completed by professional designers.||It is suitable for enterprise users who have quality requirements or individualized requirements for the website and want to save labor and time costs.|
Self-help website construction steps
- Select the server.Different website types require different ECS configurations. Please confirm the size of the website and the number of visitors. In general, small websites only need to select the basic configuration. It is recommended that you refer to the steps of purchasing an instance. For specific operations, please refer to the wizard to create an instance .It is recommended that you use the instance specifications and cloud disks shown in the table below.ConfigurationrecommendInstance specifications
- Shared standard instance type family s6 or burst performance instance type family t6: High cost performance and can meet basic site requirements.
- Computational instance type family c6 or general-purpose instance type family g6: High performance, suitable for website building requirements that rely on server performance.
- ESSD Cloud Disk PL0: An ultra-high performance cloud disk product based on a new generation of distributed block storage architecture. For more information, see ESSD Cloud Disk .
- Efficient cloud disk: a cloud disk product with high cost performance, medium random read and write performance, and high reliability.
- Configure security group rules.The 22 and 3389 ports required for remote connection to the instance are enabled by default when the security group is created. You need to confirm that these ports are open in the incoming direction of the security group. If it is not open, please configure it manually. For specific operations, see Adding Security Group Rules .
- Deploy the website.Choose how the website is deployed. For the specific deployment method, please refer to the summary of self-help website creation methods .
- Purchase a domain name.
- Domain name registration.Enter the desired domain name and register if it is not occupied. For specific operations, please refer to Registering a Generic Domain Name .The domain name suffix is usually .com or .cn. For more information about suffixes, see Domain Name Differences .
- Verified. For specific operations, see Overview of Real-Name Authentication of Domain Names .
- Register the domain name.Note When you use a server in the mainland of China to host your website, you need to file for the record. Otherwise, please skip this step.
- Prepare for the record.The information required by each provincial administrative bureau is different, please prepare the information according to the ICP filing rules of each regional administrative bureau . For more information, see Overview of Preparations Before ICP Filing .
- Resolve the domain name.For specific operations to resolve domain names, see Quick Start for Setting Domain Name Resolution . After the domain name resolution is set, external users can access the website through the domain name.To point the domain name to an IP address, just add an A record. For specific operations, please refer to How to Add Analysis of Different Record Types .
- (Optional) Enable HTTPS encrypted access.The SSL certificate service helps you convert the service from HTTP to HTTPS with minimal cost, and realize the authentication of website or mobile application and the encrypted transmission of data. For more information, see What is SSL Certificate Service . If you have purchased and downloaded an SSL certificate, the server deployment methods are different in different environments. For specific operations, see the SSL certificate installation guide .
At this point, the self-service station building operation has been completed. Next, you can use the domain name to visit the website to test whether the service is normal.